Re: [O] Checkbox difficulties

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Checkbox difficulties
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 18:32:17 -0400

Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> wrote:

> on Mon Oct 03 2011, Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos-AT-hp.com> wrote:
>
> > Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Wow, that's awesome... we're *so* close... but how do I get it to
> >> automatically mark the item DONE when the last box is checked?
> >>

> > Take a look at
> >
> >      http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/42715/focus=42721
>
> Works!  Oh-so-awesome!  Shouldn't these capabilities be built-in and
> shipped as first class Org features?

Well, if the function can be made to work completely generally, maybe:
as it stands, it is more a proof-of-concept than a complete solution.

I added an entry in the FAQ on Worg about this - I figured this is the
second time the question has been asked on the list: ergo it's a FAQ ;-)

   http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#sec-9-7

You might want to read the entry: it includes a slightly revised function
but it also includes a couple of caveats that explain why I think it's
not a complete solution:

Nick