Re: [O] Recursive org-agenda-files

From: netty hacky
Subject: Re: [O] Recursive org-agenda-files
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 10:38:50 -0700

Hi Neilen,

I think you want these in your .emacs (from
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html, "Can I add files recursively to
my list of agenda files?"):
(load-library "find-lisp")
(setq org-agenda-files (find-lisp-find-files "~/org" "\.org$"))

Or you can add each project directory to org-agenda-files yourself,
however, this is not recursive, it only adds .org files under the
project directories, not their sub-directories (see docstring of
org-agenda-files: C-h v org-agenda-files):
(setq org-agenda-files '("~/org/projA" "~/org/projB" "~/org/projC"))

In my setup, I also use the following to exclude directory "exc" from the list:
(eval-when-compile (require 'cl))
(setq org-agenda-files
      (remove-if '(lambda (x)
                    (string-match
                     (concat "^" (regexp-quote (expand-file-name
"~/org/exc/")))
                     x))
                 org-agenda-files))

Net