Re: [O] Printing in indent mode

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [O] Printing in indent mode
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:24:30 +0200

Jarmo Hurri <address@hidden> writes:

Hi, Jarmo ,

> Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Is there a way to print the document tree in indent mode so that the
>>> hidden stars would not show up in the printed version?
>>
>> Don't you think exporting the buffer to say pdf is a better option
>> than printing the buffer directly?
>
> That would be very nice, but I do not know how to do this for a
> hierarchical list so that the result would look like a list. I tried
> org-export-as-pdf, but it gives me an output that is far from a list:
> the result is a complete document, with a table of contents, section
> numbering and each item in the list either as a section or a
> subsection.

For a subtree:
* A list
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_TITLE:
:EXPORT_OPTIONS:  H:0 num:nil toc:nil \n:t @:t ::t |:t ^:t f:nil *:t tags:nil
TeX:t LaTeX:nil skip:t p:nil  author:nil  email:nil  creator:nil timestamp:nil
:END:
** title of list
*** item 1
**** item 1.2
***** item 1.3
****** item 1.4
*** item 2

C-c @  C-c C-e b [for html]

If you want to export the whole document, please configure the
line accordingly.

hth
Giovanni