Re: [O] org footnote bug?

From: henry atting
Subject: Re: [O] org footnote bug?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 14:12:23 +0200

> henry atting <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Tag for non orgmode files is:
>>
>> (setq org-footnote-tag-for-non-org-mode-files "___")
>>
>> Well, I open a file, type some text and then add a footnote with
>> org-footnote-action which is bound to C-cf:

>> Some Text, then adding a footnote [1] then adding a second footnote [2] and
>> after a while a third footnote [3]
>>
>> [1] this footnote appears above the footnote tag
>>
>> ___
>>
>> [2] this footnote appears beneath the footnote tag
>>
>> [3] from now on all footnotes appear beneath the footnote tag
>>
>> This is reproducible apparently with every file type except org files
>> or when writing mail within gnus
>
> This should be fixed now in master. Thank you for reporting this.
> [...]

Thanks. Two things still differ from the stable version though:

1. When the first footnote is created the tag remains invisible:

Text... then I create a first footnote [1]

[1] which appears without tag

With the second footnote the tag appears, both footnotes underneath:

Text... then I create a first footnote [1] ... then a second footnote [2]

Footnotes:

[1] which appears without tag

[2] now the tag appears, with both footnotes underneath

2. When going back to the footnote marker with org-footnote-action the
cursor stays on the left side of the marker.

henry

--
http://literaturlatenight.de