Re: [O] Cancel recurring event

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Cancel recurring event
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 06:16:53 -0400

Torsten Bronger <address@hidden> writes:

> Hallöchen!
>
> A use case for me is that the very next incarnation of a recurring
> event is cancelled.  Is this possible in org mode?
>
> The closest possibility is
>
> * TODO group meeting
>   SCHEDULED: <2011-09-27 Di 13:30 ++1w>
>
> and to set it to "done" when it's cancelled.  It's okay, I just
> wonder whether there's an appointment-based solution instead of a
> task-based.
>
> Tschö,
> Torsten.

Hi Torsten,

I just set this repeating occurrence to CANCELLED (which is a DONE state
for me) and the event is rescheduled for the next cycle.  I log state
changes so I get a record of this.

Another option is to clone the task (C-c C-x c) for each occurrence. I
do that for some meetings where I want to take notes in individual
meetings - and a single meeting can then be rescheduled to a new
time/location without affecting the main repeating task.)  You can
then cancel the appropriate cloned task occurrence.

Regards,
Bernt