Re: [O] Testing org-export-as-odt-and-open

From: Eric Belpaire
Subject: Re: [O] Testing org-export-as-odt-and-open
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 00:13:44 +0200

Hi Jambunathan

On 25/09/2011 21:08, Jambunathan K wrote:
Hello Eric

Hello

I'm testing org-export-as-odt-and-open on Jambunathan's test.org file.
I get error message "Unable to create odt file (53)".
What version of zip are you using.
What the exporter does is this,

$ cd tmp-dir
$ zip -rmTq test.odt .
$ mv test.odt pub-dir
$ rm tmp-dir

When the zip command fails, you can replay the above sequence by hand
and see what error zip is generating
thanks for the tip.
It allowed me to find out that a dll was missing for zip.
That's fixed now.
OR

~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-odt-20110702/contrib/odt/etc/schema/od-schema-v1.2-cs01.rnc
That version is almost 3 months old. I have made lots of bug fixes and
improvments since then. I have also modified the exporter a few minutes
ago so that the output from the zip command also appears in the
*Messages* buffer.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you switch to the development version of
Orgmode. Please refer to http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html - sections
"How do I keep current with bleeding edge development?" or "I don't use
git. Can I download bleeding edge .zip and .tar.gz archives?"

If you would very much want to work only with ELPA tarballs, maybe you
should wait for a day or two. I was planning to build one anyways and
now I have an excuse why I should build one.
I'm using org-odt-20110702.
I'll wait a couple of days for the ELPA tarball, as haven't used git yet.

Thanks and thanks for this very interesting exporter !
Eric