Re: [O] Bug: File Links [6.33x]

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: File Links [6.33x]
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:07:25 -0400

Edward N. Lewis <address@hidden> wrote:

> Links to external pdf files do not work in org-mode. Links do not export
> properly
> into PDF files. Links to web addresses and other file types such as text
> files work fine, however.
>
> To reproduce: create a link in your org file in any form,
> e.g. [[file:/full_path/whatever.pdf]],
> [[file:/full_path/whatever.pdf][Label for file]], file:whatever.pdf.
>
> 1) The link will not work from within org-mode.
> 2) The link will not be properly formatted when viewed in a PDF viewer
> such as Adobe Acrobat Professional. To make the link work, the link's
> properties have to be manually edited from within Adobe Acrobat/
>
> Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
>  of 2011-05-23 on x86-05.phx2.fedoraproject.org
> Package: Org-mode version 6.33x

I cannot reproduce this with Org-mode version 7.7
(release_7.7.311.g0c099), so I'd suspect your 6.33 (which is quite old,
but unfortunately still ships with older versions of emacs). If you are
at all serious about using org-mode, you probably need to install the
7.7 release (or if you are willing to live on the edge, clone the git
repository and enjoy all the up-to-date features - and some breakages,
but ime, breakages get fixed quickly).

Nick