Re: [O] Overall organization/setup for org mode: Projects and Tasks

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Overall organization/setup for org mode: Projects and Tasks
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:26:21 -1000

Aloha Alan,

I found myself in a similar situation a while back and it helped me to
do a weekly review.  I base mine on Bernt Hansen's experience:

http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#sec-11-1

Every Monday a task pops up reminding me to complete the weekly review.
Clicking on the task takes me to a checkbox list that gives a label to
the individual review task and the keystrokes needed to invoke the
corresponding agenda view.

I'm typically monitoring 1-2 dozen projects and the whole review, which
is now 12 steps, takes me a couple of hours to complete.  I suppose I
could cut this time down if I were more organized during the week, but
I'm not, which is why I value the tools in Org-mode.

Also, I found Bernt's ideas on how to structure org-mode files very
helpful.  I'm not able consistently to pick the best option among the
very many that org-mode makes possible, so I've come to rely on the
advice of Bernt and others.

hth,
Tom

--