Re: [O] deft - A Notational Velocity mode for emacs

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] deft - A Notational Velocity mode for emacs
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 15:53:25 +0200

timetrap <address@hidden> writes:

> And you can specify your own major mode(perfect for org-mode) ... my
> head just exploded, and my weekend schedule is now centered around
> rewriting my init.el. :-)
>
> http://jblevins.org/projects/deft/
>
> This is different than org-velocity, as it uses multiple text files
> rather than an org-file or a bucket file, you can also add or delete
> files from within deft-mode.

I don't know howm, but deft seems swell.

However, it might be nice to have deft-directory accept a list of
folders.  I keep my notes in multiple folders based on subject.
Alternatively, I could collect symlinks to important files in one
folder, but this requires more work on my part. The same may be true for
deft-extension.  I might want to keep my ledger file as well as my org
files in deft.

In a similar spirit, when I create a new file I'd want it to placed in a
specific folder.  It it would be nice if deft would ask me where to save
the new file.  Maybe there could even be a variable containing my
favorite folders, which I could quickly select from.

A use case would be the following:

   - Type in the name of the note RET
   - A list of known folders is shown. A sensible default is
     highlighted. Thus, RET RET will simulate current behavior.
   - Alternatively I may select a desired folder from the list (I am
     thinking an ido-list).

Just a though.

I appreciate your work.

Thanks,