Re: [O] Reminders with alarms

From: brian powell
Subject: Re: [O] Reminders with alarms
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:42:02 -0400

*Recommend using "flite" (FestivalLite) for text-to-speech: cat
blah.reminder | flite

** Could get really over-the-top and do something like this:

http://gizmodo.com/5522802/twitter-chumby-and-a-cuckoo-bird-walk-into-a-clock?tag=chumby

--you could use the Twitter API and send OrgMode Tweets (complete with
reminders) to your personalized Chumby Cuckoo Clock!!

;-)

P.S. I've used calendar/*Fancy Diary Entries* and appt.el for many
years--works great--I just have it pop up a big blank emacs screen
with the alarm reminder--I usually set it for 15 minutes ahead of the
important reminder:
;;; appt.el --- appointment notification functions.
;; Copyright (C) 1989, 1990, 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
;; Author: Neil Mager <address@hidden>
(setq appt-message-warning-time 15)
(setq appt-display-interval 5)