[O] A manuscript on "reproducible research" introducing org-mode

From: Christophe Pouzat
Subject: [O] A manuscript on "reproducible research" introducing org-mode
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 15:55:20 +0200

Dear all,

M. Delescluse, R. Franconville, S. Joucla, T. Lieury and myself (C. Pouzat) have just put a manuscript entitled: "Making neurophysiological data analysis reproducible. Why and how?" on a pre-print server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00591455/fr/ Although the paper has been written for a neurobiological journal, the reader does not have to be a neuroscientist to read and understand it. A toy example illustrating the use of org-mode + Babel (with Python and Octave) takes a fair part of the manuscript. Other tools like R + Sweave are presented and many more are mentioned.

I thank Eric Schulte for comments on the manuscript and Eric (again) together with the whole org-mode / Babel community for developing such a great tool.

Any comment, remark, suggestion on the manuscript is of course welcome.

Christophe

Most people are not natural-born statisticians. Left to our own devices we are not very good at picking out patterns from a sea of noisy data. To put it another way, we are all too good at picking out non-existent patterns that happen to suit our purposes.
Bradley Efron & Robert Tibshirani (1993) An Introduction to the Bootstrap

--

Christophe Pouzat
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cerebrale

tel: +33 (0)1 42 86 38 28