[O] Local #+LINK's in org-mode file

From: Erwin J. Prinz
Subject: [O] Local #+LINK's in org-mode file
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 23:20:22 -0500

Dear fellow org-mode users:

I have a question about local #+LINK statements. They are stored in the variable org-link-abbrev-alist-local. This variable seems to be only updated when org-mode is initiated, e.g. when opening a new buffer. This means that if a line containing a #+LINK statement is changed the change does not take effect until either <ALT>x org-mode<ENTER> is executed, or the buffer is killed and the file re-opened.

So, one can't change the #+LINK line and immediately do an html export. This confused me for a while.

Would it be possible to run the "org-mode" command at the beginning of an html export, this way the edited value of the LINK would be used immediately without having to reopen the org file.

Maybe I am missing something, any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance, Erwin J Prinz