Re: [O] org-babel-dot on windows

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] org-babel-dot on windows
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 21:51:30 +0200

Hi Bas and Eric,

Eric Schulte wrote:
>> I'm trying to use org-babel-dot on windows but when I try to generate an
>> image with C-c C-c the following errors apear:
>
> Unfortunately I don't have access to a windows machine to reproduce this
> problem.
>
> Does the temporary file name mentioned in your error report exist, and does
> it look to be a valid file name? Org-mode uses built-in Emacs functions for
> creating temporary files, and these functions are supposed to work across
> Windows/*nix systems, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.
>
> Are you using the latest version of Org-mode, and do you have anything weird
> in your configuration which could cause this problem?
>
> Sorry I can't be of more help, maybe another windows user on the list can
> check that dot works for them.

The following works for me (just tested) on Windows XP SP3:

#+begin_src dot :file foo.png :cmdline -Tpng
digraph G {
  a -> b [label="hello", style=dashed];
  a -> c [label="world"];
  c -> d; b -> c; d -> a;
  b [shape=Mdiamond, label="this is b"];
  c [shape=polygon, sides=5, peripheries=3];
  d [style=bold];
}
#+end_src

Could you maybe provide an ECM of what you were trying to use?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban