Re: [O] [odt] equation labels

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] [odt] equation labels
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:09:58 +0100

Jambunathan,

>> On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 03:32:10 +0530, Jambunathan K said:

  > Myles

  >> Does anyone know how to cause a label such as "Figure 1." in the
  >> odt (for the resulting png), and set the caption for an equation
  >> such as:
  >>
  >> #+CAPTION: some caption #+LABEL: eqn:psychrometric
  >> \begin{equation*} \label{eq:psychrometric} \capillaryPressure =
  >> ln(RH)\cdot \dens_w\frac{RT}{M_w} \end{equation*}

Sorry for the red herring: the equation above would never have worked
without mystyle.sty whose content includes:

\newcommand{\pressure}{p}
\newcommand{\capillaryPressure}{{\pressure_{c}}}
\newcommand{\dens_w}{\rho_w}

and is included by:

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{/home/myles/path/to/report/mystyle}

  > I have added support for honoring captions, label and attributes for
  > images that are dervied from latex fragments. Checkout the git repo
  > and let me know if there are any rough edges that need to be ironed
  > out.

Thank you!  I have just got around to trying this out and it works
great.  The only issue now is that the resolution of the pngs is low and
looks terrible.  I vaguely remember changing it deep in my latex
installation somewhere.

  > Note that the odt exporter treats Labels and their references in a
  > special way.

  > For example, if the label is defined as follows,

  > #+LABEL: Equation:1

  > Equation is considered as a "Category" [1] and "1" is considered as
  > sequence number. So this "category:seq-no" is the recommended form
  > of labels for odt export. Note that the seq-no found in Org file
  > need not be sequential. The odt exporter will faithfully reproduce
  > the seqnos as seen Org file to the odt file. You can auto-generate
  > the "right" seqnos by using Tools->Update->Update All.

  > If you are averse to launching the gui for updating of indices you
  > can do a odt->odt (yes, odt->odt) conversion for sanitizing of
  > indices [2].

  > It is also worth noting that the attached file uses the as yet
  > undocumented

  > #+ATTR_ODT: (:scale 2)

  > to scale the image to twice the original size.

  > Jambunathan K.

I your previous post you asked for my org file but I think that it is
superseded by your attachment?  When I have finished this report I am
working on I'll cut it down and offer it as an example if you like.

Myles