Re: [O] Was tj3 --> tikz gantt chart

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Was tj3 --> tikz gantt chart
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 20:29:13 +0100

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>>

>> [...]
>>
>>> In any case, it looks like *just* after this discussion, something a
>>> bit more formal came about for gantt charts and TikZ. I thought you
>>> and others might be interested in it:
>>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Gantt-tikz
>>>
>>> It looks like a summary/walkthrough of this package:
>>> http://www.martin-kumm.de/tex_gantt_package.php
>>
>> Many thanks for bringing this to our attention.  It looks very good and
>> definitely much cleaner and prettier than my little hack job!
>>
>> It should be fairly straightforward to modify my org table to gantt
>> chart code to work with this package.  I'll add this to my list of jobs
>> to do "when I have the time" or "when I next need this functionality",
>> whichever comes soonest ;-)
>>

> One thing to note is that this is using ConTeXt, not [La]Tex. I had
> actually never heard of it before and there were some notable
> differences between the file structure, particularly the preamble. Let
> me know what you think when you dig into that and if org can manage.
> Bummer the package wasn't for straight LaTeX!
>

> John

Ah but the [[http://www.martin-kumm.de/tex/gantt.sty][original]], linked
to from the site above, *is* for LaTeX and has the same functionality, I
believe?  It's the one I would use in any case.
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.222.gd7757)