Re: [O] PATCH Make org-open-at-point only ask once

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] PATCH Make org-open-at-point only ask once
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:36:19 +0200

Anders Waldenborg <address@hidden> writes:

> But for org links, I'm not 100% sure - consider this org-file:
>
> * Notes
> * Some topic
> [[Notes]]
> ** Notes
>
> If buffer is widen, the link goes to the toplevel header, but if I
> narrow to "Some topic" the link suddenly starts going to the
> subheader.

And I think that totally makes sense. If the user bothered narrowing
buffer to a sub-tree, he probably wants to focus on the Notes relative to
that sub-tree.

Now, you're right, that search behaviour won't be consistent as long as
it will rely on narrowing.

Maybe we should define a consistent link search: ignore the narrowing
but first search in current sub-tree, if that fails (any error, I guess)
search in current tree and if that one fails too, search in the whole
buffer.

> Thanks for the review, I'll look into it soon.

Np.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou