Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 15:30:19 -0400

Štěpán Němec <address@hidden> wrote:

> [As most people here apparently consider Jambunathan's communication
> style acceptable, there is little point for me to continue replying in
> this thread, but I really couldn't resist in this case, sorry.]

That is what *you* read into it: as long as we understand that this
viewpoint is not necessarily shared by others, I don't have much problem
with you believing that. But please do not ascribe motives to others:
you just don't know what they do or do not consider acceptable.

IME, flame wars erupt and eventually die down, but not before they
have done some damage. Whatever damage has been done in this case
is done and we can't do much about it. But it behooves us (all of us)
to limit the spread.

I repeat: if you cannot stand Jambunathan K., or if Jambunathan
K. cannot stand Samuel Wales or ... cannot stand ... (fill in the
blanks), there is an easy solution: do not read the offending
messages. But in any case, do not reply in an uncivil manner and if you
cannot be civil, do not reply at all.

Nick

PS. Don't be like this guy: http://xkcd.com/386/