Re: [O] TODO type problem on speedbar and imenu.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] TODO type problem on speedbar and imenu.
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:18:20 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

> I don't mind providing a commit for this, but the list wasn't
> exhaustive. I'd rather have a set of rules which would be part of the
> Org format specification.

Agreed.

> What about : allow mixing tabs and spaces only when indenting or
> filling. One or more spaces everywhere[1] else.

If you feel confident this is flexible enough, please go ahead.
We only need to make sure that a task like

* TODO Task
           ^^^^^^ <= unintentional mixed tabs/spaces

is okay.  In other words: enforce a set of rules, but in a way
that will not surprise users if they accidently hit spaces or tabs
in position like the end of a line.

> An heading regexp would then be:
>
> "^\\*\\+\\( +TODO\\)?\\( +\\[#.\\]\\)?\\( +.*?\\)?\\([
> \t]+\\(:[[:alnum:address@hidden:\\)\\)?[ \t]*$"
>
> Note the use of [ \t]+ to fill the tags to the right. Also note that
> regexp means "^***" is a valid regexp (which isn't the case actually).

Yes, I think keeping "^***" as a valid regexp is a good idea.

> [1] As for every rule, some exceptions: check-boxes cookies and
> counters, which can be sticked to respectively the headline text and the
> check-box.

Okay.

Thanks for looking again into this when you have some time!

--
 Bastien