Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:12:11 +0530

> It does seem that you are, for now, letting them be within org-mode
> (your other mail). But it would still help if you express your
> apprehensions and discuss them openly on this list.

There is another mail that is on it's way. (Replies to Sebastien Vauban
always appear longer time to appear in the list)

Let me wash all the linen in open because Bastien wanted all the
criticism to be made public. (This suggestion is against my own
experience how a criticism is perceived)

I would like to ask (again), does Bastien know the difference between
copyright and license (not in legal terms but just the dictionary
meaning of it). I doubt he knows it. This cropped up because he made the
absurd suggestion that OpenDocument Schema file (which is distributed by
OASIS) should be GPLv3.

He is asking me to name the schema files to be 8+3 when they are already
fixed up right in contrib dir [1]. How long does it take a look at a
person to cross verify whether or not a file is renamed.

He wants to give him the elpa tarball again and have him upload it to
Emacs bzr repo when only a few days ago I had built the tarball and
shared a pointer to it [2]. Jason Dunsmor can vouch for what I say
here. He had the audacity even to suggest that he is HELPING me
committing my changes to Bzr. It is as though getting a commit access to
Emacs elpa bzr is like getting an appointment to meet President Obama
just to exchange pleasantries.

I started my negotiation with emacs-devel when I lost trust in
Bastien. How else can you feel about a person who disappears from the
list without even returning mails. He has hijacked every single thread
in emacs-devel since his re-appearance.

Bastien could be a busy man. But not keeping track of conversation and
asking meaningless questions is not how a maintainer shows appreciation
of hard work one has done.

When I criticized him he is labelling me insulting, patronizing and
frustrated. Seriously to how low a level this person has to go.

Footnotes

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-06/msg00671.html
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-07/msg00666.html