Re: [O] org-odt numbering (Applying custom templates)

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] org-odt numbering (Applying custom templates)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 14:26:04 -0400

sort of hijacking this thread with a quick note:

In order to remove numbering from the headings produced by org-odt,
simply export a file, go to Tools -> Outline Numbering in
libreoffice/openoffice, and turn numbering off for levels 1-10
(probalby you only need about 4 levels anyway).  Then save the
resulting file somewhere safe, customize the variable
org-export-odt-styles-file to the path to that file, and you're done.

I only write this because I had a little trouble figuring out how
outline numbering works in openoffice. It would be pretty cool if the
org option num: had an effect here, but I think that would require
some work to implement (you'd have to have org override settings in
styles.xml, presumably introducing the possibility of various errors).