Re: [O] tags filtering in weekly/daily agenda

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] tags filtering in weekly/daily agenda
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 18:29:25 +0200

Hi Bernt and Carsten,

Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Am I wrong, or is there no way to filter what is shown in the weekly/daily
>> agenda view? I'm creating custom agendas with multiple blocks, and would
>> like to apply the same tags/match filter to the daily agenda as I do to the
>> TODO blocks below it. Can that be done?
>
> The agenda filtering should be the same for weekly/daily and block agenda. I
> use persistent filtering which keeps the filter when you select other agenda
> views and I like this setting a lot.
>
> When I filter my block agenda view (with / TAB sometag RET) it applies to
> all of the sections in my block agenda.

Would it be difficult to have more filtering capabilities in the agenda views:
more than on tags? Something like what C-a m does with todo keywords, but
limited on what's currently displayed by the agenda, and which would be as
easily accessible as the ! key binding is.

Another nice addition would be to allow filtering on files, dynamically
selecting one source by filtering on file name, and eventually on subtrees
(something like the refiling path).

Best regards,
  Seb

--