Re: [O] missing todo's in agenda after emacs/org upgrade

From: peter . frings
Subject: Re: [O] missing todo's in agenda after emacs/org upgrade
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:39:13 +0200

On 19 Aug 2011, at 13:05, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Aug 19, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Peter Frings wrote:
>> On 19 Aug 2011, at 11:59, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>
>>> The two main issues you are having are these:
>>>
>>> 1. There is no simple way for beginners to get both TODO and agenda in one
>>> view
>>> 2. Moving through time does not work in a block view when the cursor is in
>>> the TODO list.

>> Fixing 2 would be great. Maybe there are other keystrokes that can be
>> delegated to other blocks (e.g. in order of appearance) if the
>> currently-focussed block doesn’t handle them?

> The reason why this would be confusing is that there might be
> several blocks which accept a particular command, so it would
> be unclear for the code how to select one, and even more
> difficult for the user to have an intuitive feeling on what was
> changed why….

I can understand that this requires quite some changes and that it might be a
lot of work. However, I don’t think it would be counter-intuitive, unless there
are many conflicting commands (i.e., a same keystroke that has a different
effect depending on the block type). Are there that many? E.g., take the ‘w’ or
‘d’ keys in the agenda view. Suppose I’m on the TODO block and type a ‘w’.
Would it be that much surprising if the agenda block switches to a week view?
Probably not.

Of course, there might be sufficient cases that prove me wrong; after all I’m
not really familiar with the different blocks. So I’ll stop nagging :-)

I’ll swap the order as you suggested and give it a try!

Thanks!
Peter.