Re: [O] backend specific preprocess hook

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] backend specific preprocess hook
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:03:35 +0200

Hi Bastien,

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
>> [1] IIUC I have to customise the `org-export-preprocess-hook'?
>
> Yes, and test against `org-export-current-backend' to see whether you
> are exporting to HTML or LaTeX.

I have this working now. Works great. I should have reported back with
my solution:

(defun my-org-export-preprocess-hook ()
  "My backend specific export preprocess hook."
  (save-excursion
    (if (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)
        (let* ((tag "ignoreheading"))         ; Thanks to Nick for this
          (org-map-entries (lambda ()
                             (delete-region (point-at-bol) (point-at-eol)))
                           (concat ":" tag ":"))))
    (if (eq org-export-current-backend 'html)
        (let* ((match "Qn"))
          (org-map-entries (lambda ()
                             (org-set-property "HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS"
                                               "question"))
                           match)))))

(add-hook 'org-export-preprocess-hook 'my-org-export-preprocess-hook)

The html customisation is incomplete for the moment (for the lack of
time :-p). My goal is to have custom styles for headlines tagged with
"Qn" (unanswered questions) and "QnA" (questions with complete
answers).

Actually I was also hoping to colour code my latex export based on a
similar philosophy using \todo[inline] and PROPERTIES. But I haven't
had the time to investigate the possibilities yet. I will put it on
Worg if I do manage to figure it out. :)

--
Suvayu