[O] Closing brace with LaTeX export

From: Dr. Adrian Wrigley
Subject: [O] Closing brace with LaTeX export
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 23:40:57 +0100

Hi people!

I've just started using Org mode (6.33x).  A fabulous tool.  But I have a
problem
exporting TeX such as this:

----------------SAMPLE------------------------
I want to emphasise \emph{these three words} only.
------------------END-------------------------

when this is exported, the closing brace is erroneously escaped with a backslash
"\".
It works fine without the spaces in the \emph section.

The closest discussion on the topic is here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-04/msg00427.html
but unlike Scot, I find even keeping the text on one line doesn't work.

I would like to pass multi-line arguments, with spaces in braces.
I don't think it works to put use a #+BEGIN_LaTeX block for
every argument, since that seems to confuse things and is very verbose.

What's the best way of doing this?

Thanks for your time!
--
Dr. Adrian Wrigley.