Re: [O] [dev] org-indent-mode patch

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [dev] org-indent-mode patch
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:19:07 +0200

Hello,

> what has happened to this patch?  Did you stop it due to my questions?
> That was not my intention - so if you are convinced that it works well,
> it might be a good solution.
>
> On Jul 21, 2011, at 5:14 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>
>> In order to circumvent the slow process at initialization, I've
>> implemented an asynchronous initialization. Thus, one can open the
>> buffer and start to write in it before initialization is complete. Once
>> it is done, everything else is synchronous again.
>>
>> I think it is a good compromise. It needs testing though. Thus, if
>> anyone is interested, I'll gladly hear his feedback.
>>
>> The branch is located at :
>>
>>     git://github.com/ngz/org-mode-lists.git indent-patch-no-timer

It's still there. As I use neither Org indent mode nor Visual line mode,
feedback is important. Have you tried it since asynchronous
initialization implementation?  Does it solve the problems you raised?

Bernt Hansen has been testing it for a few weeks now. As far as I know,
he hasn't encountered any problem so far.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou