Re: [O] [odt] User-visible improvements

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [odt] User-visible improvements
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:31:09 +0200

Hi Jambunathan,

these are great improvements -- I'm surprised people didn't thank
you more for this!  So, thanks.

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. A choice of command-line converters for org-lparse dependent backends
>    like org-odt and org-xhtml.
>
>    M-x customize-variable RET org-lparse-convert-processes RET
>
>    - Currently two converters are supported.
>      1. BasicODConverter - Home-brewed converter. This is available as
>         an OpenOffice extension in contrib/odt/BasicODConverter dir of
>         org git repo.
>
>      2. unoconv - Unable to install this locally on my machine. So use
>         of this as a converter is largely untested. But should work
>         without any glitches.
>
>      3. If there are other popular converters that are in use, I would
>         like to add them to this list.
>
> 2. M-x customize-variable RET org-lparse-convert-process RET
>    - Choose one of the based on your preferences and availability

I am not sure I understand why we need `org-lparse-convert-process' and
`org-lparse-convert-processes' -- isn't it possible to just have the
first one, while listing the choices within this option?

> 3. Make C-c C-e O export directly to your preferred output format
>    (doc?). Use
>
>    M-x customize-variable RET org-export-odt-preferred-output-format RET
>
>    (But review items 1 and 2 before doing this)

I use unoconv.

Can you give me an example configuration if I want C-c C-e O to output
files directly in, say, .doc (MS Word) format?

Thanks again, looking forward to test this more heavily!

--
 Bastien