Re: [O] A new module for Org-mode: Org-X

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] A new module for Org-mode: Org-X
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:00:37 +0200

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:
> I've been working a new set of modules for Org to make it easy to associate
> Org entries with data in external systems, such as Redmine, Bugzilla,
> WordPress, or even your e-mail Inbox.  It's called Org-X, as its meant to
> simplify writing linkup code for any system X.

You're on to something... :-)

I can easily see how this works with bug/issue trackers.  What I'm not
so sure is how you imagine it to work with files.  For my part I'm
hoping that it might be able to get some interface to the various bits
and pieces I've bookmarked and sometimes put into local versions with
the ScrapBook Firefox extension.

A few random comments:

I'd check source code for FIXME, not TODO.

If org-x-states is backend specific, why not let the backend define it?

LZW: is there really nothing in Emacs that already does this? In any
case it seems to belong into an own library and should probably be
unbundled from org before long.

Regards,
Achim.