Re: [O] parsing fixed with section

From: Steven Haryanto
Subject: Re: [O] parsing fixed with section
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 18:22:20 +0700

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Steven Haryanto <address@hidden> writes:

> As I understand it, a fixed width section (BTW, is "fixed width section" the
> official term for this?)

Yes.

> is defined as a line which is started by zero or more spaces, and then
> a colon, *and then a space*, and then zero or more characters.
>
> :<spc>line1
> :<spc>
> :<spc>line3
>
> But many editors (Emacs including) likes to trim trailing spaces,

As far as I know, this doesn't happen in Emacs, unless you specify it
explicitly (i.e. in some hook).

>  so when the file is saved, the second line loses its space:
>
> :<spc>line1
> :
> :<spc>line3
>
> Should the second line be parsed as a fixed width section too or not?

I'd say yes.

You may have noticed that exporters already treat that line as
fixed-width section anyway. But this is inconsistent with fontification
(and indentation) in the buffer.

I've pushed a commit to fix this inconsistency in master.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Thanks for clearing this up, I've also updated the Org::Parser Perl module.

--
sh