Re: [O] [babel] set post tangle hook on per file basis - evalu

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] set post tangle hook on per file basis - evalu
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 08:33:14 -0400

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> for different files, I put different things in the post-tangle hook. At tha
> moment, I have an emacs-lisp code block, which I evaluate before I tangle,
> but I forget this sometimes - so y question: is it possible (and think to
> remember that it is, but I can't find how) to evaluate a source code block
> upon opening of the file, or set the org-babel-post-tangle-hook in a
> different way upon opening of the org file?
>
> The code block I am using at the moment is:
>
> ** Evaluate to run post tangle script
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent :tangle no :exports none
>   (add-hook 'org-babel-post-tangle-hook
>             (
>              lambda ()
>                     (call-process-shell-command "./postTangleScript.sh" nil
> 0 nil)
>                     )
>             )
> #+end_src

Hi Rainer,

I like to use file local variables [1] to do per-file Org-mode
configuration and customization this is an easy way to set the local
value of a variable every time the file is opened.

I think you could use file local variables to evaluate arbitrary elisp
when a file is opened in which case you could evaluate a named code
block with something like `(sbe code-block-name)'.

Best -- Eric

Footnotes:
[1]  [[info:emacs#Specifying%20File%20Variables][info:emacs#Specifying File
Variables]]

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/