Re: [O] Handling errors in command line exporting of agenda?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Handling errors in command line exporting of agenda?
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 14:48:44 -0500

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:59 PM, suvayu ali <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 8:53 PM, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> If you can use wildcards to specify your files, it might be possible by
>>> just one extra call to --eval. Something like this might work:
>>>
>>> emacs --batch -l ~/.emacs --eval '(find-file-read-only "<wildcard>" t)' \
>>>      --eval '(org-batch-agenda "w")' > ~/org/aux/agenda-export.txt
>>>

>> Hmm. That might work. Everything I pull from is in ~/org... could the
>> wildcard simply be "~/*.org"? Forgive my emacs wildcard ignorance.
>
> As far as I know, emacs accepts any wildcard that is valid in the shell.
> Since all your files are in ~/org, I would say try "~/org/*.org". The
> '~/org/' limits it to files within your org directory and the '*.org'[1]
> limits it to all files with a .org extension.

Bummer, this is not working:

,---
| emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs -eval '(find-file-read-only "~/org/*.org" t)' \
| -eval '(org-batch-agenda "e")' > ~/org/aux/agenda-export.txt
`---

Do you see anything wrong with that? I guess I wonder what that first
part will do as perhaps the org-batch-agenda command is not
necessarily going to follow suit with the read-only command. As in,
does the first eval command affect anything that the org-batch-agenda
command is going to do? Is it trying to do the equivalent of opening
up all *.org files in read-only buffers and then run the agenda
export?

Thanks,
John