Re: [O] Merge org-7.7 into emacs

From: Ethan Ligon
Subject: Re: [O] Merge org-7.7 into emacs
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 18:59:38 +0000 (UTC)

Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Just a heads up:
>
>        http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/142944
>
> I don't know anything about this, but maybe something can be said/done
> about it while Bastien enjoys his vacation?

I'm afraid I'm mentioned twice.  The first has to do with copyright
assignment; I've begun the process described in org-contribute.org
to assign copyright to the FSF.

The second has to do with an incomplete ChangeLog entry for one of my
patches (commit 49e6bc899758114d6d29e69a8f9e40798d26782b).  I don't
know the best to clean this up, since the ChangeLog is derived from
the git log.  But here's a ChangeLog entry that I think would have been
valid:

commit 49e6bc899758114d6d29e69a8f9e40798d26782b
Author: Ethan Ligon <address@hidden>
Date:   Sat Apr 9 18:39:35 2011 +0200

    Fix for html & docbook export of description list items

    * lisp/org-html.el (org-html-export-list-line): Fix regexp for
      detecting description lists to allow "::" marker to be last
      visible element at end of line.
    * lisp/org-docbook.el (org-docbook-export-list-line): Fix regexp for
      detecting description lists to allow "::" marker to be last
      visible element at end of line.

    The problem is illustrated by the following example:

    * Illustration of bug in html export
      - This has a space after the colons :: so will work in latex and html
      - This doesn't have a space after the colons ::so is an invalid
        description item according to the org manual.  Won't work in html
        or docbook.  Will nevertheless work in latex, provided /first/
        description item is valid.
      - Has a terminating space ::
        - So it works in both html and latex export!
        - Even though it's difficult to distinguish from the next example.
      - Lacks a terminating space ::
        - At present, *doesn't* work in html or docbook export, does in
          latex.  This is the case that the following patch fixes.

-Ethan