Re: [O] Unicode and Latex export

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Unicode and Latex export
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 14:15:39 +0200

Hello Christopher,

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Christopher Witte <address@hidden> wrote:
> You could try using XeLaTeX, which supports unicode.  Instructions for
> setting it up with org-mode are here
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#using-xelatex-for-pdf-export

My lisp is not very good, but what is the need for such an extensive
setup? Isn't setting org-latex-to-pdf-process to xelatex enough to
switch packends?

In any case, I tried evaluating the provided code in a scratch buffer
and processing to pdf (C-c C-e p). But it keeps failing. From the error
it seems org is still trying latex instead of xelatex and no pdf is
produced. Do you have any ideas about what could I doing wrong?

Error:

Latexmk: Run number 1 of rule 'latex'
Latexmk: Running 'latex   -interaction=batchmode
"/home/jallad/org/analysis.tex"'
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (TeX Live 2010)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
Latexmk: References changed.
Latexmk: References changed.
Latexmk: References changed.
Collected error summary (may duplicate other messages):
  latex: Command for 'latex' gave return code 256
Latexmk: Use the -f option to force complete processing.

> Chris.

Thanks a lot for your response.

--
Suvayu