Re: [O] Tutorial for Beamer export seems to lack settings

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Tutorial for Beamer export seems to lack settings
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 20:58:11 +0200

Hi LanX,

LanX wrote:
> seems like I found the solution, see

I'm glad.

> * Org Export Latex Listings:
>    If you want to use this, you also need to make LaTeX use the
>    listings package, and if you want to have color, the color
>    package.  Just add these to `org-export-latex-packages-alist',
>    for example using customize, or with something like
>
>      (require 'org-latex)
>      (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-packages-alist '("" "listings"))
>      (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-packages-alist '("" "color"))
>
> maybe this should be mentioned in the tutorial.
>
> Actually I don't understand why this flag doesn't automatically include the
> latex-package listings.

What do you mean by flag?  Those packages?  Yes, on one side, I agree it'd be
better if they'd been included by default. Though, some people use other
packages to provide support for coloring code in LaTeX, namely minted.
Hence... no default choice, to allow everybody to choose what he prefers.

> Nevermind the other problem with BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL, it was a consequence of
> trying to solve the former one.

Excellent!

Best regards,
  Seb