[O] Org-contacts and where to store address

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Org-contacts and where to store address
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 18:40:31 +0200

Hi!

I am writing an Python-script that converts my old jPilot contact
information to Org-mode. I chose Org-contacts[1] because it seems to
me that this will be a widely used format.

In my old format, the address field is a multi-line field similar
to:

    ,----[ example ]
    | Street Name 42
    | 0815 City
    | Country
    `----

I am using property values for EMAIL, HOMEPHONE, WORKPHONE, PHONE,
MOBILE, FAX, TITLE, and COMPANY.

Is there a good way of adding the (multi line) address to the
PROPERTY drawer or should I put the address in the notes right below
the drawers?

PS: Empty properties are not mentioned in the Org-mode manual. Do
they cause any trouble? (I was thinking of leaving empty properties
for each entry so that I can easily add e.g. a FAX number later on
...)

  1. http://julien.danjou.info/org-contacts.html
--
Karl Voit