Re: [O] how to make org-clock-in close the files it opens

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] how to make org-clock-in close the files it opens
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 11:45:45 -0500

Julian Burgos <address@hidden> writes:

> When using org-clock-in, all files in my agenda list are opened.  This
> makes sense, as org mode is looking for clocks already opened.  But it
> is possible to make org mode to close all these files?

I was going to suggest M-x org-agenda-exit, but that does not work
because neither org-resolve-clocks nor org-find-open-clocks add the
files they open to org-agenda-new-buffers.

As a workaround you could feed a list of files to org-release-buffers.

> I do keep lots of files in my agenda, and it is a pain to have to
> close them by hand. Many thanks,

Might I ask why you would like to close your agenda files? They will be
reopened when you call the agenda.

Best,
Matt