Re: [O] making coloured tables

From: Andras Major
Subject: Re: [O] making coloured tables
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 09:30:30 +0200

I have an idea how my feature could be implemented, and it consists of
two parts.

- introduce a special row, or extend the "/" type used for colgroup
and narrowing, to specify hidden (non-export) columns and special tag
columns;

- in that special row, there are two new special entries, say "T<" and
"T>" which specify that the contents of each cell in that column
should be exported into the <td> tag of the cell to the left or to the
right.

This way, the <td> tag can be set from within the table for each
relevant cell. The only drawback is that all this is backend-specific,
it only works for HTML, not for PDF in the way I've just described.

  AndrĂ¡s