Re: [O] org-open-at-point (C-c C-o) doesn't work anymore

From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang
Subject: Re: [O] org-open-at-point (C-c C-o) doesn't work anymore
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 01:48:35 -0700

Hi John and Achim,

Thanks for your replies.  I tried your suggestions, and here are the results:

- Achim's suggestions:

I normally install org-mode from a .deb that I create using a
debian/rules file copied from the debian org-mode package, so I
believe I'm using the correct org-install.elc file.  I also tried
uninstalling the deb package and installing org-mode under /usr/local
via "make install" and got the same results.

- John's suggestions:

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 2:23 PM, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:
> I experienced this as well, but with a different issue. See this
> thread of mine from today:
> --- http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg44887.html
>
> The following both (well, using either one) fixed my issue as well as
> the C-c C-o issue:
>
> 1) make clean
> 2) git reset --hard release_7.7
>
> It looks like that commit might be an issue after all.

Running

git reset --hard release_7.7

does solve my C-c C-o problem -- this suggests to me that some patch
since release_7.7 is responsible?  I do see a patch -- commit
9ff7f80f51a15c -- that seems related, but I'm not familiar enough with
elisp/git to diagnose this.

- Hsiu-Khuern.