Re: [O] gnuplot question - "Specify an entire line to be inserted in the

From: Michael C Gilbert
Subject: Re: [O] gnuplot question - "Specify an entire line to be inserted in the Gnuplot script."
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:48:00 -0700

On Jul 29, 2011, at 12:52 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:

> I would recommending using a gnuplot code block rather than a plot line,
> and passing your data to the code block using a variable.  Code blocks
> give you much more direct access to gnuplot, which I find generally
> makes gnuplot learning/debugging much easier.
>
> see http://orgmode.org/manual/Working-With-Source-Code.html

<snip>

Thank you, Eric. You're generous with your time and you're absolutely correct.
This is the direction I will go. There's no doubt that this seems the right way
to go for anything sophisticated. And like most solutions, it will then end up
my standard approach. However, it also means I will put this off for a little
while until I'm ready to do it right. Maybe just a few days, but...

That means that, in the mean time, if you or anyone has an example of how to
configure this using the line: formatting, it would still be useful to me and I
would still be grateful. I just have something small I need to produce tonight
or tomorrow, for doing some simple blood pressure tracking. I have everything
working except a couple of reference lines running across the plot. I'm
figuring since it's in the documentation, there must be something somewhere
that shows the syntax, yes?

— Michael