Re: [O] cleaning all the #+results from an org document

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] cleaning all the #+results from an org document
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:42:57 +0900

Hi Eric,

On 07/29/2011 08:04 AM, Eric Schulte wrote:
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
   (org-babel-map-src-blocks nil (org-babel-remove-result))
#+end_src

it works on my java stuff, but for some reason it creates a result by itself in my system.
E.g.,
#+results:
: 508

There is another glitch...
The additional empty lines created by execution of a code block to create the result section are not removed. Going forth and back creates more and more empty lines.

   #+begin_src sh
   echo "No more empty rows"
   #+end_src
   * I am squeezed directly under the code block

execute it

   #+begin_src sh
   echo "No more empty rows"
   #+end_src

   #+results:
   : No more empty rows

   * I am squeezed directly under the code block

Remove the result with the given function

   #+begin_src sh
   echo "No more empty rows"
   #+end_src

   * I am squeezed directly under the code block

Execute the code again

   #+begin_src sh
   echo "No more empty rows"
   #+end_src

   #+results:
   : No more empty rows

   * I am squeezed directly under the code block

As for the key I like the C-c C-v k idea

What do you think about the (optional) timestamps idea for results ... might be great for archiving. Open a file a year later and still be able to see when you executed the blocks the last time might be helpful in terms of "Ohhh yeah this was before I fixed this terrible bug"...

Greetings

Totti