[O] [tables, babel] evaluate code block in table with arguments

From: Dirk Scharff
Subject: [O] [tables, babel] evaluate code block in table with arguments
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:12:16 +0200

Hi all,

I want to use a code-block in a table and can't get it to work. Consider the
following example:

#+Source: the_test
#+begin_src python :var x=3 :results output
print x
#+end_src

| argument | argument | result |
|        1 |        1 | #ERROR |
#+TBLFM: $2=$<::$3=call_the_test(x=$<)

How can I address the the argument on the left hand side of the table while
calling a code block? If I do it like shown in the example (column 2) I get the
following error:
"reference '$<' not found in this buffer".

Isn't this possible in org-mode or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Dirk.