Re: [O] [bug] org block not correctly exported to LaTeX

From: Thomas Holst
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] org block not correctly exported to LaTeX
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 08:50:00 +0200

Hi Eric,

thanks for looking into this.

· Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thomas Holst <address@hidden> writes:
>> Hi Bastien,
>>
>> thanks for your answer.

>>> You surely want
>>> #+begin_src org
>>> #+end_src org
>>> "#+begin_org" doesn't exist.
>>
>> #+BEGIN_ORG
>> #+END_ORG
>>
>> gets inserted by org-babel.
>
> Yes, Babel uses the #+begin/end_org as markers, so that it can identify
> the beginning and end of raw Org-mode results when those results need to
> be deleted or replaced with new results.
>
> Since these are just used as markers and are functionally equivalent to
> comment lines (e.g., no special treatment of the portion between the
> begin_org and end_org lines) we didn't really coordinate this with the
> results of Org-mode.
>
> It seems however that since comments must start on the first character
> of a line, these don't work when indented.
>
> Would it be difficult to recognize these two lines as comments when they
> are indented?  Note we also have #+begin/end_result lines which may
> likely have similar issues.

This exactly is the issue. If I remove the indentation from the result
block export works fine. As you mentioned #+begin/#+end_org markers are
treated as comments and do not appear in the LaTeX output.

I tried to find a solution to this but my lisp is not (yet) good enough.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas Holst
DGS-EC/ESE4