Re: [O] CLOCKTABLE multiply time expended by hourly rate?

From: Daniel E . Doherty
Subject: Re: [O] CLOCKTABLE multiply time expended by hourly rate?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:55:44 -0500

At Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:02:38 +0200,
bzg wrote:

> The 'T' format does this:
>
> 1. it converts HH:MM:SS strings to integers (number of seconds)
> 2. it applies the formulas to these integers
> 3. it formats the output as HH:MM:SS
>
> So I guess you cannot combine it with "f2" -- let me know if
> combining 'T' and 'f2' is the real problem at hand.

Bastien, I did not use the T specifier at all.  Here is the table
again.  I use only the f2 specifier and I get the same result with no
specifier.  It looks like you are converting to H:M:S form (actually,
H:M or M:S form, I can't tell which) even without any format specifier.

I think that without the T format specifier, org is taking the time
durations to be fractions again.  If you look at the fourth line of the
body of my table below, the 5:40, when multiplied by 50 yields 25:4.
This only makes sense if these numbers are treated as fractions.  This
was the behaviour that prompted my original question.  It looked like it
was fixed when I went from org-version 7.5 to 7.6, but it looks like its
back again in the latest git pull.

| Headline                                                                  |
Time    |       |      |       |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------+------+-------|
| *Total time*                                                              |
*28:09* |       |      |     0 |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-------+------+-------|
| Lawsuit for Debt Against Rose Funding, LLC (1016-cv18431)                 |
28:09   |       |      |     0 |
| Activities                                                                |
      | 28:09 |      |     0 |
| DONE Activity Log                                                         |
      |       | 0:05 |     0 |
| DONE Draft Complaint for Damages                                          |
      |       | 5:40 |  25:4 |
| DONE Meet with Kevin Jones and Elizabeth Bennett re Complaint             |
      |       | 0:32 |     0 |
| DONE [#A] Motion for Appointment of Private Process Server                |
      |       | 1:24 | 25:12 |
| DONE [#A] File Affidavit of Service with Court                            |
      |       | 0:25 |     0 |
| [2010-07-27 Tue 11:16] Phone call from Mark Sheister                      |
      |       | 0:11 |     0 |
| Research regarding compulsory counterclaim, res judicata                  |
      |       | 1:23 | 50:23 |
| Work on brief in opposition to motion to dismiss.                         |
      |       | 3:03 |    50 |
| Prepared for Hearing                                                      |
      |       | 0:24 |     0 |
| Hearing on Case Status (Div 25:7th Flr) <2010-10-19 Tue 09:00>            |
      |       | 0:30 |     0 |
| Hearing on Motion to Dismiss <2010-11-30 Tue 09:00>                       |
      |       | 1:15 |  10:3 |
| Hearing on Motion to Dismiss <2010-12-21 Tue 09:00>                       |
      |       | 1:09 |  50:9 |
| Status Hearing <2011-01-25 Tue 09:00>                                     |
      |       | 1:31 | 50:31 |
| Status Hearing <2011-04-26 Tue 09:00>                                     |
      |       | 1:42 | 25:21 |
| Called Kevin [[bbdb:Stacy]].  Left voicemail to call re settlement offer. |
      |       | 0:04 |     0 |
| DONE Call [[bbdb:Sheister]] with counter offer.                           |
      |       | 0:06 |     0 |
| [#B] Draft Interrogatories for Rose, Swords                               |
      |       | 4:48 |  25:6 |
| Argo Status Hearing <2011-06-28 Tue 09:00>                                |
      |       | 1:09 |  50:9 |
| Letter of Discovery Deficiencies                                          |
      |       | 2:48 | 25:12 |
#+TBLFM: $5=$4*50;f2

Thanks,

Dan.