Re: [O] Suppress visibility cycling for a specific tree

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Suppress visibility cycling for a specific tree
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:24:15 +0200

On Jul 25, 2011, at 2:13 PM, suvayu ali wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to suppress visibility cycling for a particular tree?
> What I am looking for is the behaviour of an ARCHIVEd tree. I have some
> general guidelines and local config in this tree that I don't want to
> see usually but since it is technically not archived information I am
> looking for an alternate means to a similar goal.
>
> Could I specify a special tag of my own and define the behaviour I want
> with elisp? Where do I start looking for this?

Archived trees are kept closed by the function
`org-cycle-hide-archived-subtrees', which is called by
`org-cycle-hook'.  You could define a tag of your choice
and then put a function into org-cycle-hook that uses a let form
to bind `org-archive-tag' to the chosen tag and then calls
`org-cycle-hide-archived-subtrees' to do the work.

Hope this gets you on the path.

- Carsten