Re: [O] [patch] Re: HTML Postamble is inside Content DIV

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [patch] Re: HTML Postamble is inside Content DIV
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:56:24 +0200

Jambunathan,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> Specifically can it do this:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-07/msg00524.html

We can modified the structure of `org-export-html-divs' so that it is an
alist instead of a list, with div ids and associated attributes.

If you think that's a good direction, can you provide a patch for this?

> I see that there has been a lot of ping-ponging around this area for a
> while now and you now seem to have a new proposal at hand. Your patch
> seems to be touching Bastien's commit pursuant to my above request
> [1].

Well, I didn't really like this proposed variable:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defcustom org-export-html-content-div "%s <div %s> %s"
    "The name of the container DIV that holds all the page contents."
    :group 'org-export-htmlize
    :type 'string)
#+end_src

It is not simple enough to my eyes...

> I don't understand or use html or org-s5. I hope the proposal here
> is the final one :-).

I hope nothing is final in this world.  :)

> Please make Eric Schulte a respondent or reviewer
> for this patch (from org-s5 side of things) and insist on a feedback
> from him before committing..

I committed this yesterday.

> ps: I would desire that any changes to org-html.el also need to be
> ported to org-lparse.el and (or) org-xhtml.el.

(Can you take charge of this?)

This is the main reason why having duplicate code in this area is a
burden.

I still think our energy will be better spent by progressively adding
things from org-xhtml.el to org-html.el, feature by feature.  This is a
lot of (possibly boring) work, but being lazy now will just make it even
more difficult later.

In any case, working on porting changes from org-html.el to org-xhtml.el
isn't the right direction.

Let's keep up the good work!

Best,

--