Re: [O] Personal wiki

From: Anders Waldenborg
Subject: Re: [O] Personal wiki
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:57:59 +0200

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 09:22:57PM +0200, Bastien wrote:
> Org has `C-x n s' to narrow to a subtree.

Right. The difference is that aw-org-pw re-narrows when navigating to
a different section. Maybe that is a feature that would be useful
directly in org instead. Maybe pre/post-link-follow hooks could do that?

Also aw-org-pw autowidens on isearch. (the reason for that is that when
used as a personal wiki each section should be small, so searching is
seldom required within a section, and searching the full "wiki" is
more useful).

(aw-org-pw narrowing hides the actual header line too, partially to
prevent renaming sections as they have links to them, and partially
because it already puts the title in the header-line)

> > * Automatic links of all text matching a section name.
> >   Much like org-wikinodes, but without camel case.
>
> In Org, when clicking on [[my section]] it goes to the next headline
> called * My section.  I guess your implementation of such a feature
> don't need surrounding [[...]].

Indeed, much like org-wikinodes.el.

But the more I think about it maybe I should just use [[...]] as it
would greatly simplify the implementation.

> > * Navigation history
> >   When visiting different sections in the same file history is
> >   recorded allowing navigation "back" to previous section.
>
> Could you describe the difference with `C-c &'?

Oh, I wasn't aware of the existance of the org mark ring. Interesting.
It doesn't work outside narrowed region. Also the breadcrumbs in
aw-org-pw keeps track of the section name, which and shows "back:
Previouslyvisitedsection" in the header-line.

But I guess I should build on top of the org mark ring instead of
reinventing it completely.

Thanks for your input!

 anders