[O] Org-capture from Firefox: ^M or not ^M?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: [O] Org-capture from Firefox: ^M or not ^M?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:19:34 +0200

Hello,

In the exact same conditions (I mean, Emacs settings, etc.), when I capture
some regions from Web pages, they sometimes:

- are mixed "all one one line"
  Example:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2007-03/msg00670.html

- are copied as on the screen, but with ending ^M at every line
  Example: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DiaryMode

I'm not sure anymore whether or when it is correct:
- region on multiple lines (as on the screen), and
- no ending ^M...

Questions:

- Do you see the same behavior as mine?  I'm on Windows XP with Firefox
  3.6.18.

- Is there some work around so that you would not have to fiddle with the
  copied text?

Best regards,
  Seb

--