[O] 7.6 Parsing error with footnotes?

From: Ken.Williams
Subject: [O] 7.6 Parsing error with footnotes?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:57:27 +0000

Hi,

I noticed a problem in a great-big-huge org-mode file of mine after I
upgraded to version 7.6, and I whittled it down to the following org-mode
file:

#+TITLE:     My title here
#+AUTHOR:    Ken Williams

#+BEGIN_SRC R
[1] 173
#+END_SRC

#+begin_example
: [1] 12151
#+end_example

#+begin_example
[1] 8935
#+end_example

When I do "C-c C-e b" to export to HTML, I get the error:

ad-Orig-error: unbalanced begin/end_src blocks with #("#+BEGIN_SRC R
" 0 13 (fontified t font-lock-fontified t) 13 14 (fontified t
font-lock-fontified t))

If I remove any of those [1] thingies, an export will complete without
error (this is true for both this small sample, and my original big file).

I *suspect* that the problem might be an overzealous footnote-finder,
because I also (after the 7.6 upgrade) have a bunch of "<number>
DEFINITION NOT FOUND" errors appearing at the bottom of my exported HTML
file now.

Anyone able to reproduce this?

(yes, I know "[1] 173" isn't valid R code.  Still the export probably
shouldn't bomb out though.)

--
Ken Williams
Senior Research Scientist