[O] Memacs (was: Represent *everything* in Org-mode)

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Memacs (was: Represent *everything* in Org-mode)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 13:16:18 +0200

* Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]
> Imagine, you have got one (additional) «archive.org» (or
> «mylife.org_archive»[8]) which contains lots of small entries that
> represent many things you are doing on your computer:
[...]
> If you happen to know MyLifeBits[3] from MS Research, the papers
> from Gemmell et al or the book «Total Recall»[4] you already know
> what I am writing about: researchers implemented a (MS Windows only)
> system to capture your digital life even with digital cameras and
> screenshots of your desktop.

In 1945, Vannevar Bush wrote a very famous essay «As we may think»
in which he proposed a system he called «Memex»[9] which described
the basic features of MyLifeBits, the web, and many more things.

So I propose the name «Memacs» for this tool which is going to be
developed soon.

This could be epic :-)

  9. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memex
--