Re: [O] Problem with autoloads

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with autoloads
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:38:55 +0200

Skip Collins <address@hidden> writes:
> Is there any more progress on finding and fixing this problem with org
> and emacs24? I just built the development version of Aquamacs (GNU
> Emacs 24.0.50.3). The problem with the way org autoloads lisp files is
> present. Should this patch be applied to org sources?

I've cloned emacs.git and compiled Emacs24 yesterday just to find out.
I've not drilled down to the bottom of this yet, but it is a deliberate
change in autoload.el and I'm not sure if the change in behaviour that
org-mode affects was intended or not.  If anybody frequents the Emacs
developer list, you might ask Chong Yidong (I've already sent him an
email with that question, but the devlist might be quicker).

Anyway, I intend to fix this during the restructuring of the Makefile by
building those targets in a sub-make that runs in ./lisp (unless I run
into a problem with that).  Meanwhile the patch that has been posted
fixes the issue and does not break on older Emacsen, so this should
probably be applied by Bastien.

Regards,
Achim.