Re: [O] disable "org-decrypt: auto-save-mode may cause leakage"

From: Pieter Praet
Subject: Re: [O] disable "org-decrypt: auto-save-mode may cause leakage"
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:14:46 +0200

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 14:22:32 +0200, Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How can I auto-answer the question from the subject line with «n»
> (per default) any time it is asked?
>
> Background story:
>
> I am using org-decrypt on two files and I've got additional files
> where I do not use any encryption at all.
>
> But when I start my Emacs with my five most used org-files (which do
> not use encryption), I have to answer five times the question
> mentioned in the subject line above using «n» as answer.
>
> I've already found the comment on the bottom of [1] and the
> discussion of [2].
>
> I *do* have deactivated auto-save by using the method explained in
> [3] for my Org-files where I am using encryption. So I am save here
> I guess.
>
> But what I want to get rid of is this unnecessary question. I do not
> want to be asked and have to answer with «no» because where it
> matters, I already deactivated auto-save. So auto-save should be
> «on» per default.
>
> How can I accomplish this behavior?
>
> And: shouldn't this be appended to [1]?
>
>   1. http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/encrypting-files.html
>   2. http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/43262
>   3. http://anirudhs.chaosnet.org/blog/2005.01.21.html
> --
> Karl Voit

One only receives that prompt when running `org-decrypt-entry' in a buffer
where `buffer-auto-save-file-name' is non-nil (i.e. a buffer for which
`auto-save-mode' is enabled).

So, I assume you've configured Emacs to automatically run `org-decrypt-entries'
(which calls `org-decrypt-entry') whenever an org file is opened.

For more info, see the `org-crypt-disable-auto-save' variable (introduced in
commit 7bae2235) and this thread:
- http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/41430

Peace

--